I made it! Radford's Homecoming weekend is over, and there are tons of memories to take with me. I learned three things over the course of this entirely too short, snowstormed, traffic jammed, alcohol induced crazy weekend.
1) There is nothing better in the world than sister bonding time. As the days go by and the departure date of my sisters big trip draws near, I value each day I spend with her. The laughs, the smiles, the dances, the stories, the advice and the love all become much more meaningful. The infamous phrase "one day, your sister will be your best friend" makes perfect sense.
2) I have really grown up. College used to be a place I could go to party my heart out, be careless about my tacky dance moves and eat all the junk food my little "delicate" stomach could hold. Things have changed. I value the beautiful mountains, the quaint houses, the education I received, the friendships I made, the "small town" feel, the bookstore memorabelia, and life lessons.
3) I am so thankful to my parents for giving me the opportunity to attend college. I am fortunate to not have any student loans, a degree, and many fabulous, irreplaceable memories.
With all sentiments aside, there were some pretty funny pictures taken. (Readers beware: These pictures are interesting and for "understanding" minds only. Please do not judge. I blame these acts on the alcohol.)
EK & I were kindly asked by Lo J & Dre to get on the road earlier than expected as a "Southern Storm" was fast approaching. No problem there, however, no drive down I-81 would be complete without passing through the town of Lexington. Home to the Virgina Military Institute's Keydets, Dre's alma mater. It has been 5 months since I've been to VMI and the "New New Baracks" are finally complete, clock tower and all. Here's a pic (just for Dre):
This post would not be complete without mentioning that I spent Friday night with one of my bestfriends. Metcalfe was in town from Charleston and we spent several hours together over lovely lager (thanks for the introduction Metty-Moo). A couple of our girlfriends joined us as well and it was a blast! It is so hard to get everyone together, but when it happens, it is the best. Can't wait for my trip down to S.C. in April!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment