Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Cafe in Dublin You Say?

This whole week has been consumed by the energy and emotion of E's departure, arrival and activities. Us "commoners" are living vicariously through her (at least my family would agree). We would probably agree that we think about her and her whereabouts much more than we did when she was just simply working and around town. We truly miss her, but are a bit envious of her adventure! As I mentioned, when she landed in Dublin, she was not able to check into her hostel (for a nice nap), so instead she ventured out into the streets, finally resting at a cafe. A cafe in Dublin you say? I wonder how their cafe's differ from our cafe's. I pulled various pictures (who's photography credit I have failed to give... sorry!) of "Cafe's in Dublin" and boy was I caught off guard. The photo above looks nothing like a cafe that I pictured. Was she there, on the top floor, over looking the streets? Or here in this little green shack assuming she should be there because it is green?
Is she here amongst all these lights and crazy creatures wondering what she got herself into?

Or did she decide that a cafe named "Bad Ass" would be a perfect way to start her adventure and maybe rest her eyes?

The possibilities are endless, and another thing that is endless are the means of communication across the world. E has an international blackberry with her to help stay in touch with us "commoners" back home. Here is an e-mail she sent Lo J today:

"Lo J! Thank you for keeping me posted on idol. This French guy
in our room(guillam) has his lap top and I asked him to check out K's blog
and I was brushing my teeth and he yells out "double elimination, lil rounds and
anoop are out" in his french accent, so funny. I LOVE being in this hostel and
in a big room. The more people in your room the better. You make more friends
this way. We all go out together and talk for hours. this couple from brooklyn
stayed last night so that was nice. Its so entertaining to have people from so
many countries staying in one room. I am still adjusting to the time difference,
but getting enough sleep. I eat almost nothing but we go out and have a beer or
two each night. I miss you guys but I am having the most amazing time ever. Love
you. Talk to you soon. Sorry for the broken sentences. I'm typing on my
BlackBerry.E"





1 comment: