Ok, here it is. Final 3. Danney Gokey, Kris Allen & Adam Lambert. Each guy is singing 3 songs.
Judges Choice:
Danny Gokey: "Dance Little Sister"- chosen by Paula Abdul
*Randy: dude, that was dope for me
*Kara: the dancing was a little too gyrating for me, but I am not going to remember that performance tomorrow
*Paula: Well, I'm a choreographer and I think you did really good! You let that magic part of your voice carry out through the rest of the song
* Simon: Just to remind the 2 girls, this is a singing show, not a dancing show. Vocally, very good.
Kris Allen: "Apologize" by One Republic - chosen by Randy and Kara
(on the piano... melting....)
*Randy: This is a song that could show us what you can do in the record industry. Nice dude
*Kara: At this stage in the game, I think you need to be knocking it out of the park. You need to take more chances.
*Paula: This song sits at the right place in your voice, but I am so proud of you.
*Simon: To be honest, Kara thats a cop out. You can't choose a song for him and then blame him for doing the song. It was a competent version of the song.
Adam Lambert: "One" by U2 - chosen by Simon (one of Simon's favorite songs in the world)
*Randy: you are one of the hottest 3 in this competition. A little going off the melody, but it is a great song and you are a really, really talented guy
*Kara: you are a strategist and you just proved you can take a song and do it in a completely different way and make it unbelievable. You did your own version.
*Paula: It was one brilliant song, one superb performance, and one American Idol that I am staring at right now
*Simon: It may sound a little bit bias, but I thought that was a brilliant song choice. It was a brilliant, brilliant performace and if you aren't in the finals next week, it will be an outrageous upset.
Personal Choice:
Danny Gokey: "You are So Beautiful" by J. Cochran
*Randy: you should that you are here because you can really, really, really sing. Mad vocals.
*Kara: everything you didn't do in the last performance for me, you just did. That was stunning.
*Paula: You nailed it. It was a beautiful performance.
*Simon: I loved the song. I wouldn't have done the same arrangement. But, I would call that a vocal masterclass (?)
Kris Allen: "Heartless" by Kanye West
(with a guitar - acoustic)
*Randy: This is gonna be one of the toughest voting nights in the whole show. I like that version better than the Fray's version, better than Kanye's version, and better than the original.
*Kara: Why didn't you do that with Apologize? That was brave. People would never do that. Perfect!!!!! The tone, the pitch, the phrasing, hot.
*Paula: You are the bravest artist because you sang a song about Simon Cowell. After saying that, I commend you. Bravo!
*Simon: I had written you out of this competition. That however has all changed after that performance.
Adam Lambert: "Cryin'" by Aerosmith
*Randy: You are one of the best that we have ever had on this stage. One of those most charismatic and you should make a rock album. You should be a rock star.
*Kara: Who hits those notes? That was amazing and what can we say besides "We'll see you at the finals?"
*Paula: You've set the bar so high. We'll be seeing you next week and many years after that.
*Simon: I'm not gonna suck up as much as the other 3. I want everyone to vote for you, not because they assume you are going to be there, but because they are voting on your vocals and talent.
I predict: Kris and Adam in the finals. Yes, now I officially have crushes on both of them.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment