
The Italian adventure has come to an end, for now. All I am left with are incredible memories and 655 pictures / videos to last me a life time. My taste buds have changed. My world views have changed. My outlook has changed. My body was rested, until I went 36 hours with no sleep. I have seen new parts of the world. I have seen new cultures. I have fallen in love with REAL Italian men (nothing like you have ever seen unless you have visited Italy for yourself). I now crave Italian pizza (again, nothing like you have tasted unless you have been to Italy), gelato (not ice cream), and fresh fruit. I don't want to go to a conventional grocery store, turn on my cell phone, know about the news, watch TV, or put Aerial under my bed for an extended period of time. However, I am so thankful for the opportunity to travel. I am thankful for safe flights and my families love. I am a better person.
Yesterday, while looking out over the Atlantic Ocean, knowing that I was in the middle of two continents, flying in a huge KLM plane (an affiliate of Air France - which I took from IAD to Paris), I thought to myself: "What would be the closest means of rescue if my plane were to fail? Would it be a US jet? A ship that may be several hours away?" It was not until I cleared immigration, picked up Aerial for the last time this trip, and was greeted by a huge hug, did I realize 220+ humans were being faced with this same question. Or were they? Did they have the opportunity to save themselves? As of now, no one will ever know. My heart sinks when I think about this horrible incident. I have yet to come to terms .... It touches my heart too closely.
Pictures, stories, details to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment