Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Green Thumb

HAPPY MONDAY!
To make a long story short, this weekend did not turn out quite as expected. In retrospect, I think this was God's way of making me slow down. As I mentioned before, this has been one hectic summer (not that I dont make several of these plans on my own accord, but still ... the warm weather only lasts so long here in the DC area that I feel obligated to cram it all into just a few months). This past weekend was scheduled to be no different by heading north for the weekend to spend with family friends. That was, until my boss asked for a project to be completed and put in the mail on Friday evening. I ended up working until 9 p.m. (yes, on a Friday) and getting sick throughout the day. I spent Friday evening curled up in a ball, mourning the Red Sox, yet again, loss to the Yankees and falling asleep before last call. Come Saturday, I could not wait to call my doctor to beg for a prescription to put me out of my misery, which ultimately resulted in being bound to my house for the day. I actually found myself occupied with several things that I had been meaning to do. Lo J purchased a few flowers for me awhile back that I have been meaning to pot. I have NEVER (repeat: never) in my life potted a plant or really nurtured a plant that has been abused by the 90+ degree weather for a month straight (and was on its last leg, or should I say, leaf). Not only did I pot the 3 flowers/plants, but I planted a few herb seeds as well. (We will see if they actually ever grow. I probably found some way to do it incorrectly! ha!) Come to find out, by the end of the day, I had brought the plants/flowers back to life and look what I found when I went out to water them this morning:




ohhhhh how exciting! Apparently I do have a green thumb (read: I am not 100% UNdomestic). This made me very, very happy! Yesterday was a bit better, and much more on track with my "previous plans" as I planned to attend church, brunch with my parents, and get a little "baby shower shopping" complete. If I have not mentioned before, I am throwing my boss a baby shower in the office on Friday. I have never thrown a shower before, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I dont find a way to mess that up either. (thank goodness Lo J has done a great job with getting me off on the right foot!) This week will be filled with a busy work schedule, errands, a baby shower .... and the beginning of football season!!!

Thursday night, I am planning to head up to Baltimore for the Redskins / Ravens pre-season opener! I am PUMPED to say the least. Can't wait. And so it begins ... LETS GO SKINS!!!

look what I just discovered: seriously, how have I never heard of this place before? I think this would have made so many things in life much simplier (not to mention, much CUTER). Oh, if you all receive embroidered EVERYTHING in the coming years, you know why. Blame Swoozie's. love, love, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment