I need your help (in a "dont say a word, just listen") kind of way. First: a confession. I have been TERRIBLE about working out this summer. I really like working out. I have determined that it helps me be the person I like to be. It makes me feel good. I make better food choices. My skin is clearer. I am happier and more stress free. BUT (the big "but") ... I fell off the wagon BIG TIME this summer. I say "this summer" because it was just that, the entire summer. I was doing SO well until July 2nd (summer started on something like June 21st?) and then I just hit a brick wall. I decided that I could go a little bit of time without working out. I decided that I didn't need to be so hard on myself and I decided that I could enjoy some of the finer (read: fattier) things in life. I decided that happy hours wouldn't hurt me in the long run (and at the time, possibly better my already jam packed social life) and that late night pizza wouldn't be the end othe world. I was so set on this train (or wagon) of thought that I even decided to throw my HUGE goal of RUNNING the Army 10 miler (date: October 4 .. yes, less than 2 weeks away) out the window. I said "ehh, even if I walk it, I will still finish". Finally (we can all breathe a sigh of relief because I know you were starting to worry about me after that huge confession), I faced the music. I realized that my gym was not working for me. Although it was my DREAM GYM on more than so many levels, it was too far away from my house. I found all too many reasons to never make it there, while still continuing to pay the monthly dues (someone is loving me for that one). Second: Taking my horrible new (old) habit into account, I stepped up to the plate, did a little "homework", and joined a new gym that has 2 locations within a 10 minute walk from my apartment. You'd be happy to know, on the first full day of fall (today, can you believe it?), I took it upon myself to make it happen. I went to the gym at 5:30 this morning, put in a hard workout, and enjoyed my walk home (even running into a friend walking to the metro ... love it!). Lastly: Here is where I need your help. I need accountability. I don't want/need a personal trainer. I don't have a workout buddy (yet). I have proven to myself that I have no problem coming up with 50 reasons as to why I can't go to the gym each day, and even having an upcoming race hasnt proven to be the best incentive. So, I am going to blog about my workouts. You're right, it won't be exciting for you. But at least I will feel obligated to confess how frequently (and I promise, frequently) I hit the gym. Now enough talk and more action. Can I get a "you go girl?" mmm. thanks. just what I was lookin' for!!!!!!
Happy First (full) Day of Fall!!!

Photo by: BeadinBetty

I can't wait to shop at the
White House (FreshFarms) Farmers Market which kicked off last Thursday!! Michelle Obama supported the idea of locally grown fruits and vegetables being brought into the city, and it seems to be a hit! Vermont Avenue, right near the White House, is closed from 3 - 7p.m. every Thursday for one month so vendors can sell their produce. Fortunately, it is just a few blocks from my office so I am going to head over there either tomorrow, or next week. I can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment