Over the weekend, DC graciously took the brunt of the biggest snow storm DC has seen in decades. I am pretty sure noone took the storm seriously until Friday afternoon. The weathermen started out by saying we would receive maybe 5-10" and as the day progressed, it was looking more like 2'. You may not know this, but talk of snow makes me jump out of my pants (or bed .. continue reading) to the point that I am just as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. I could barely sit still at work (as some of you may have experienced via hyper e-mails, phone calls and texts) and I could not wait to get home and make it to the grocery store. I stocked up on everything I never buy at the store, such as pizza's, brownie mix, veggie dip, a recipe for my crock pot, cupcake frosting, beer, and more! I had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone either franticly stocking their carts or casually seeing how many cases of beer they could fit in their cart. It was great! I came home to unwind and wait for the snow. Around 9p.m., it started. Here is a view out my window just shortly after:
And with this, my face had a smile plastered over it, but I continued to get cozy in my little apartment (please excuse the blurry photo)... I hope my Christmas tree does not overwhelm you due to its massive size... (hey, I live alone and have zero storage so Lo J hooked it up this year!!!)

I FINALLY fell asleep (Thank you God) only to wake up at 4 a.m., jump out of bed, and check the standings. Here is what I saw:

By 9 a.m. I was on the phone making sure everyone was awake and enjoying this day just as much as I already had been. My girlfriend and her friend picked me up in their truck, we got some bagels (and more beer) and went to our friends house to officially kick off "The Snow Day". Here is a picture out my friends back window at noon:

By 2p.m. we ventured out to meet up with more friends and yes, thats a beer in my hand. I figure police could not drive down the street and if they did, I could bury my can in the snow (they'd never find it). Mom, don't I make you proud?

As I walked down the street, I was awe struck. I could not stop saying "This is incredible. This is beautiful. This is amazing. This is history. I can't get enough". And that is exactly how I felt (and still feel). It was beyond words (and these are the moments I dream I had an incredible camera to capture the beauty).

In the midst of amazement, I had to document how deep the snow was on the areas not frequently traveled. Up to my knees!!!!!!!

One of my friends from college owns a bar just down the street from my apartment. He graciously agreed to open the bar for our friends to convene and enjoy the day. Boy we are happy he did because we had a blast!!! (check the Lifetime sweatshirt. hey, I chose warmth over fashion!)


After a long, FUN day with friends that ended with diving into the largest snow banks I could find (like I said, I chose warmth over fashion...and I sure am glad I did), I woke up the next day to the final snow accumulation. Check this!

Can you believe this sight?? Its unbelievable. Fortunately my car is parked in a parking garage & I live on the main "drag" of town so I don't have the same stress as most which is digging my car out of the snow or worrying about plowed neighborhoods. If I did, I may be complaining just a bit. Fortunately I am able to look back on this snow storm and continue to smile from ear to ear. What an amazing weekend!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment