Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

DC Foodie WannaBe

A DC Foodie I am not. Yet. However, recently, I have had the opportunity to try several fantastic restaurants in the DC area, and man OH man, it has been quite an experience. Monday night, I tried a new restaurant in Dupont Circle called Bistro du Coin. It is a French restaurant that is always (and I repeat, always) packed. It is two levels and nearly every table in the restaurant was seated when I walked in at 8:30 p.m. (on a Monday may I remind you). The food backed up the craziness entirely. I tried mussels for the first time (and actually enjoyed them), and my main dish was DElicious. I can't WAIT to get back to this restaurant, and fortunately, the prices are great and it is a restaurant I could visit for any occasion!! Last night I had dinner at Restaurant Eve in Old Town Alexandria. Words can't explain how great this restaurant is. The decor is gorgeous, the staff is impeccable and the food was incredible. I am salivating just thinking about it. I was even able to sneak in a wave to the chef! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is willing to spend an extra dollar (or $100) and who is celebrating a special occasion. And adding to my DC Foodie WannaBeNess I just caught wind of a new restaurant that I can't wait to try!! It is called AGAINN and it is on New York Ave in DC. It is a contemporary gastropub serving British food. From the website, the restaurant looks beautiful!! I am most definitely adding it to my "Places to Eat in 2010" list!!

1 comment: