Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Contentment in a Happy Medium

Whoa. My life has been on fast forward for the past several weeks (really, several months, but I wont get carried away). I was pretty lazy this past winter. By lazy, I mean, I wasn't an over achiever. I really enjoyed my weekends. Sometimes I never left my house. I cherished the small things, like watching hours of TV on my couch in the dark with no one knowing where I was or what I was doing or spending hours at Barnes & Nobles with my favorite Starbucks latte in hand. I eventually got to the point where I thought I needed to add something to my life to give it a little spark. I could also feel the warm weather coming and got a bit anxious (who doesn't when you receive over 50" of snow). I started planning. Oh, if you know me, you know that my planner was set out, e-mails and phone calls to everyone I love, and I just started filling in the blanks. It was exactly what I need to kick start the energy and get the ball rolling!

Here I am, in the midst of all of my plans. Some plans incredible. Some plans necessary. Some plans exhausting. Some plans breaking the bank, and some plans I was forced to cancel, simply because life kept planning on top of already made plans. I am living life completely opposite from how I spent the first part of the year. I am ambitious and eager to attempt everything that comes my way. I feel like a kid again. I feel invincible. I feel like I may be spinning out of control down a steep hill. I feel like I need to put on the brakes and regain my focus.

I made these plans to feel excited and re-passionate about life, but is that what I am accomplishing? I am having fun, enjoying my friendships, spending too much money that I just don't have (I hate talking about money but I find it on my mind a lot, anyone else?), gaining life long experiences, but feeling out of control.

So where do I draw the line? How do I find a happy medium? How do I get enough sleep, fit in 5-6 workouts a week, eat healthy, stay plugged in with my best friends, be a good sister & daughter, commit to my church, enjoy the small things in life, travel the country/world, enjoy the present/season, find time to read/blog/watch movies (that I always say I would actually like to watch) all while working 40+ hours a week and doing the "have to's"? At 27, I still haven't found a way to make it all work. At what point will I find peace in the chaos or contentment in a happy medium?

No comments:

Post a Comment