And thank goodness for that spiked cider because we had no clue what we was in store for us. On our drive down country roads, we came upon a water ferry. As in, the kind of ferry that you have to drive on, sit in your car, and wait for it to take you to the other side. Ever been on one of those before? I have, but I was prepared for it. I was not prepared for this one, and I got pretty nervous as the driver of the "school bus". The ladies in the back thought it was hysterical (cue spiked cider) and took the fear off a bit.
And for the good stuff ... the "Haunted Forest", there was a general conclusion by the girls in the group that we all broke a sweat and it was frightening! My heart was racing! At one point, I found myself gripping my friend, with my head on her shoulder, shaking. Looking back, we both laugh and consider it our favorite part of the trek. As for the guys, their conclusion was that it was the best structured/set up/creative haunted forest/house/maze they had ever seen, and we all agreed it was a night well spent!!!
If you're in the area, I highly encourage you to visit Markoffs, but leave your little ones at home! There are tons to do, enjoy, ait is a great way to get into the festive spirit! Even better, all proceeds go towards summer camps and upkeep for the farm on which it lies.
No comments:
Post a Comment