Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

City: Two

is not off to the most productive start. I am currently in Houston, Texas ... but my suitcase decided to camp out for an extra night in Atlanta, GA. After a long evening of traveling, you can imagine my response when everyone on my flight picked up their bags, the baggage claim wheel thing was still spinning, but no more luggage was moving round. I thought I was in a bad dream. I asked the attendant if those were all the bags, and she said "I am afraid so, please go visit the office". Yep, tears started to fall down my face. After filing a claim, hating the Atlanta airport, standing in the cold, all alone waiting for a long time for a taxi cab, which resulted in sitting in a quiet cab (awkward) for entirely too long, hating the Atlanta airport and arriving in the middle of who knows where, I checked into my hotel, hating the Atlanta airport. Now, I can't complain too much longer because for the past 12 hours, I have been in the gorgeous, plush, luxurious and friendly Four Seasons (the guy who checked me in made sure to make me smile, and he wasn't so bad to look at either). My king size bed offset the horrible dreams I had about never receiving my luggage, the posh amenities made me feel slightly special when I woke up this morning, and the room service breakfast made the anticipation of my bag arrival a bit easier. So here I sit ... laughing at my luck, "working" from the hotel, and peering out onto Houston and anticipating trip #3!

More blogging to come this week - but I am logging in from my work computer so I can't promise too many pictures. Picture posts will resume next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment