Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

My Birthday Walk

This year for my birthday, I wanted to do something a little bit untraditional.  Family time continues to be something so precious to me, but a fancy dinner doesn't always cut it.  This year I asked the family if they would join me for a walk around DC while making a few stops at some fun, new places.  Shamefully, there is still so much to see and do in this city that I have yet to get to, so what better way to cross a few things off my list (and add to my "I need to go there again" list!)?!























Not sure why I put the camera away here, but after touring Eastern Market, the adorable Capitol Hill neighborhood, a bite to eat at Spike Mendelsohn's Good Stuff Eatery, roaming the Botanical Gardens, and holding a photoshoot infront of the Capitol, we walked through Chinatown, grabbed some Fro-Yo (which we enjoyed on beautiful church steps), and ended our walk at the Willard Intercontinental hotel to watch the Kentucky Derby. 

Truly a perfect day, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday!

2 comments:

  1. okayyyyy, suchhhhhh a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love this and your family! wayyy tooo cute! and erika...she is adorable! and those onesies...how cute??? and that dog??? oh my goodness! Okay, officially in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos! They have a lot of interest and you have a great perspective. Makes me miss my photography class in high school!

    ReplyDelete