Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

2-5


There has been this ridiculous trend to post "25 random facts about yourself" on Facebook. Well, I dont particularly want my 300+ Facebook "friends" to know 25 random facts about me, but I surely would love for my 3 favorite readers to know a bit more about moi. So here you have it.
  1. I am a die hard Washington Redskins fan. I will never change or turn my back on my team. Every pre-season I get more excited than the season before and I tell all of my friends that I have confidence that we are going to be good this year. There is a smell in the air come football season and Redskin tailgates surpass any others! Burgundy and gold for life (not red and yellow).
  2. I have been to DisneyWorld (not to be confused with DisneyLand) over 25 times in my life. Sure, you can call it crazy, but I am intrigued by the intricate detail and perfection of the place. I can visualize every park layout in my head and tell you the fastest way to get to each attraction. Now that I am older, I cannot spend more than 2 days in the parks at a given time as my "favorite rides" are getting smaller and smaller. Now it is more about the restaurants, atmosphere and general happiness. (insider note: My grandparents lived an hour from Disney while I was growing up so we would combine "trips to see grandparents" with a few days in Disney.)
  3. Music moves my heart. I could not live without it!
  4. My girl crushes include: Carrie Underwood, Kelly Ripa (minus her horrible smoking habit), Reese Witherspoon & Jennifer Aniston
  5. My family are my favorite people in the world. We are a fearsome foursome that is sometimes overwhelming, opinionated, and outspoken but always thoughtful, loving and laughing. Truly, my bestfriends.
  6. I dream of traveling the world with someone I love.
  7. I light candles on a daily basis.
  8. I am not the best Christian but I always strive to be better!
  9. I am determined to run a marathon before I am 30.
  10. I dream of being a domestic goddess (but that sure does seem like a lot of work!)
  11. I have 8 magazine subscriptions and I am always looking for more!!
  12. I will not give money to the homeless. I am a strong believer in earning your own money, and spending it wisely. I will not support someone else's poor habits, but I will donate to charity.
  13. Snail mail is by far better than e-mail. (Let me know if you need my address to send me something fun! haha...)
  14. You realize you are getting older when ... red wine becomes your drink of choice. Summer wine tours here I come!
  15. Barnes & Noble is a guilty pleasure. I could spend hours in there!!! ... and gift cards to B&N are one of the smartest gifts!
  16. "Please don't call me, just text" - yes, I said this to a guy as I was giving him my phone number. It makes life a LOT easier! What did we do before text messaging?
  17. I heart reality tv.
  18. I am the definition of a Taurus....to a t.
  19. Virginia Military Institute has a spot in my heart that will forever remain. I am a daddy's girl and grew up to respect this place. The values, morals, life lessons and friendships that are made there are priceless. (and I will never hesitate to say "my dad went there" as a reason for my large VMI wardrobe that I proudly strut or when I see a huge class ring on an attractive guy)
  20. I could cry on the drop of a dime when it comes to animal abuse/mistreatment, handicapped people or the thought of someone being alone. (and for this reason, I could never have a pet until I stay at home to raise my kids because I would cry every day I left for work at the thought that my animal is alone all day)
  21. My senior year of college was the best. My sister was a freshman at the same school which made everything better. Also Senior year, 2nd semester, comm class, my first speech - "Never Judge a Book by the Cover", and I met one of my bestfriends KP - a total opposite, lesson learned, best class ever which in turn made it the best semester of college.
  22. I love food. It has the ability to dictate my day and my mood. I am obsessed with carbs and sugar (HUGE problem) and do not know how to pass on a meal. In more recent years, I have broadened my horizons on new foods and I am loving it! Elephant anyone? not quite (although that is a wonderful memory from Aruba)
  23. I am happier in the sun and warm weather.
  24. I have a tendancy to live in the future and not in the present, which I am actively working on! I am a planner (as in, I am glued to my planner. I make 'to-do' lists on a daily basis. I plot my days agenda and always cram too much into just 24 hours) and it sometimes gets the best of me ...
  25. My body requires plenty of sleep. If I do not get enough, you will know it. I lose my voice, my eyes glaze over, my attention span is slim, my patience is obsolete and I will fall asleep borderline standing up. Naps are precious!!!
  26. And an added bonus - I rarely watch movies. I generally fall asleep within the first 30 minutes unless the movie is (in my opinion) just that captivating. "Going to the movies" is not my ideal date or a fun way for me to spend time with someone. However, I love.love.love Netflix!!!

I am sure there are plenty more "random" facts about me, but we'll save those for a later date!


2 comments:

  1. You are a fabulous Christian, don't kid yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of the "three favorites" - I can see that all 25 random facts are "all you"..and all true!!

    ReplyDelete