
Ouch. Ok. So I decided that I would be smart and partake in modern day medicine. Without going into any detail, I made the decision to get a series of shots to prevent several diseases / conditions in the future. I did my research, met with my doc, asked tons of questions, and made the appointment. I knew all along that I would have to get shots, and I spent some time thinking about how many shots I had growing up. They always seemed much worse in my head than they actually were once received. NOT THIS TIME. I told myself "Yeah, it wont be that bad. If I can have a tooth pulled, I can get a shot." I told the nurse to step right up (but dont you dare show me the needle). I opened up my magazine, turned my head away from the nurse, gazed into the eyes of some male model and HOLY CRAP THAT HURT! She looked at me like I was 6 and all I could say was "ouch.......". She told me to lay back and wait a few minutes to see if I became dizzy (I knew I would outplay that side effect even if it did happen... there was no chance she was going to keep me at the doctors office longer than I had planned). Now I have the pleasure of sporting my super cool bandaid in the perfect "shot" location and feeling so great about my mature decisions. (Even my doctor told me I am a model patient. BOO YAAAAAA).
I decided to spare the panic and NOT put a picture of a seringe. I figured I'd rather make your mind wander on all of your memories with tequila. Personally, I wont touch it unless it is THOROUGHLY mixed with strawberry margarita mix =)
I leave for the beach in 3 days. It used to seem so far away and now it is almost here! Be jealous. Be very, very jealous. 80-90 degree weather is in the forecast with few chances of rain. (However, I have the 10k looming over my relaxing beach trip). And with all that bathing suit, running a race stuff on my mind, I think I will head off to a work catered "tasting". This is where a catering company who is trying to obtain my firm's business brings in masses of food and feeds a few selected "taste testers" everything we can get our hands on. You name it, I'm eating it. And if you ask my opinion, I wont be afraid to tell ya. See ya swim suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment