Well, I haven't blogged in a few days as things have been a bit crazy, yet relaxing. Where do I begin? My pictures from the White House didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I think because I was forced to stand so far back, and I was taking the pictures with my cell phone (so I could post them ASAP, of course). I found another picture that does the "White House Fountain" a bit more justice. I read that this was all Michelle Obama's doing so she could carry the tradition of the Chicago River which is died green on St. Patrick's Day, into Washington. Well done Michelle, well done.

Wednesday was my boss's birthday. I feel VERY fortunate to work with ladies whom I absolutely adore, respect, and just enjoy working with. We always go out to lunch or dinner on our birthdays. My boss picked a cute French restaurant by Ford's Theatre, Bistro D'oc. The food was fabulous but I think I over did it with the wine and cheese. (Since changing my eating habits a few months back, I haven't eaten like that in a while, and my body was very angry with me.) All sick feelings aside, it was such a fun night, and another lady that I work for announced that she is pregnant with her first child!!!! My mind began souring with baby shower plans and "new baby" excitement.
I am not sure what happened to me yesterday. I spent the majority of my workday staying up to date with March Madness. As this is BY FAR one of the happiest times of the year, day 1 of the tourney was a bit challenging for me. My alma mater, Radford, received a 16th seed, pairing up to play (my most favorite basketball team since the early 90's) the #1 seed, University of North Carolina. Now what? Well, I crossed my fingers and hoped that UNC would pull out the win (as I have them winning it all) but that RU would play a great game. I'm not sure about the "great game", but it was quite an accomplishment for RU to even be in the tourney, and it's great to put the school on the map (yes, in the heart of the New River Valley). After work, I was still feeling a bit "under the weather" you could say, and I went to bed at 6:30 p.m. only waking up to watch Obama on Leno. (run the numbers, I received roughly 12 hours of sleep last night...awesome) Leno held a great interview with Obama in which I found myself laughing out loud and giving a few good fist pumps (and this comes from the girl who is far more conservative than liberal... read between the lines). I think I am falling in love with the Obama family, and I am very excited watching them evolve over the next 4 years. Ohhhh they are cute!! (Today Michelle Obama is breaking ground on the new vegetable / herb / flower garden on the south side lawn ... really? I love her.)

I have a M-A-J-O-R countdown going on in my head.
1. 8 days until the beach
2. 13 days until I arrive in Charleston, SC to see Lindz & my friend Mike from college
3. 15 days until my 10k (yikes, but bring.it.on)
4. 30 days until EK leaves for Europe (wow - I have yet to figure out what I am going to do to fill THAT void)
Last but not least, HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!! I am so thankful Winter has said it's goodbye's. Now I do not feel as though I am breaking any rules when I step outside in my flip flop's or wear obnoxiously bright clothing (well, not that bright, but also not gloomy like winter). Ahhh sunshine and spring flowers, what more could I ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment