Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Neighbors


HAPPY WEEKEND!! I can't quite focus to get my work done because that sun sure is shining bright. The dentist visit went just as expected. Wisdom teeth must come out. TMJ is happening which requires a really hot/sweet/attractive/snore-inducing (so E claims) night guard. And the list goes on. The Papp-ster is going to basically rob me and my insurance company is going to laugh the whole time. Can't wait! Good thing I didn't take the dental visit too seriously and I headed out for drinks with E and KP (and obviously the other hundred people that the mayor knows). FUN night. NO pictures.


Weekend plans include a LOT of family time as it is E's last weekend in town. We are celebrating her birthday, and "helping her pack" (which is a task she has been talking about for roughly 45 days now so I don't see why it still has to be done .. haha!!). My girlfriend is singing the National Anthem at the Washington National's baseball game this evening against the Florida Marlins. I am heading over to the stadium (on a perfect 70 degree day, might I add) after work to grab a beer and watch her sing (and maybe watch some baseball, but probably not. The Nats are 1-7.). Can't wait!


Oh, and as for this lovely picture I couldn't resist adding to this post ... these two American Girl dolls were my "neighbors" on my flight from Atlanta to Charleston. An adorable 6 year old girl named Ella sat next to me and she couldn't help but share her dolls (who were nicely buckled into her seat). Once she saw me texting (Queen Text), she had to play with my phone. While I sat politely and read her latest subscription of American Girl Magazine, she took pictures with my phone, including this one of me holding her dolls up! She was ecstatic once she saw the photo on my phone and she couldn't help but show everyone around her (yes, including strangers). A bit embarrassing, but worth the huge smile. I used to have my own American Girl Dolls, only it was formerly called The Pleasant Company. Remember the days?

No comments:

Post a Comment