START YOUR ENGINES!! Oh yes. This weekend I am heading down to Richmond, VA to attend the Nascar Race at Richmond International Raceway. As I mentioned before, I have never attended a Nascar race so this will be a first. I'm MORE than excited but definitely have no clue what to expect. I hear that I should be dressed in jean shorts, a "wife beater" and a trucker hat. Unfortunately I do not own any of the above (and I am not about to cut my jeans!!!!!)Side note: The other day, a guy asked me to go to Gold Cup (horse race) with him tomorrow. When I told him that I was going to the Nascar race instead, he got really rude with me and questioned why I would want to be in that environment when I could be dressed in a pretty dress with a fancy hat and fancy drinks. I stopped dead in my tracks and said "You obviously don't know me because I would rather be drinking Budweiser with a bunch of rednecks who embrace country music than in a fancy dress with a fancy hat sipping wine watching little men slap horses." He didn't say anything else after that.
Now although I haven't been to a race, I know a few things:
I cheer for Dale Jr, #8 (now #88)
And if I have to pick a 2nd racer, it is always #20, Tony Stewart (because I am a daddy's girl and he pulls for Tony!!! - except now he is #14)
And when I see this, I just drink my beer, sit back and watch.
And probably hang out with this guy, or his brother, uncle, cousin, ex wife's brother-in-law's cousin ... oh this should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment