Well looooky here ... all of my "blog stalking" (as I admittedly call it) is finally paying off. I stumbled across a blog that could really help me out in more ways than one. (Confession) I have this crazy obsession with recipes. I copy every possibly-good recipe in every magazine, cook book (if I don't own it), website or blog and organize it in its own little recipe container. I have tons of recipes, yet, I am still scared to death to cook. I always feel like there are toooo many ingredients, I don't understand the "cooking verbiage", or I would inevitably mess it up so there is no point. I tend to stick to the simple things. Ya know, mac n cheese or grilled chicken. But yesterday I found this blog called The Pioneer Woman where she photographs every ingredient and step in each recipe. Not only does she make it super easy (so I don't grab the wrong kind of tomato paste), she puts everything into the simplest form ever so there is no room for confusion, AND she has such a great sense of humor (c'mon, lets make cooking fun! I like it!) The first two recipes on my list to try are Penne a la Betsy and PW's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. Oh my heavens! If The Pioneer Woman can help me out with my cooking, maybe my mom will stop harassing me about the fact that I need to cook. She tells me that I am a good cook - from the one dinner I ever made her - and that it is the secret to a mans heart. OK, maybe she is right, and maybe I will stop making excuses now as to why I don't cook. Also, maybe if I show a little more interest, "Santa" will put a nice new chopper and beater under the Christmas tree!!!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Santa will definitely bring you a chopper and Beater if you start cooking!:-)
ReplyDeletesooo...Bower Power today? I totally discovered PW today! And tried to get the photoshop actions and it kicked my current install and now i have no idea where the serial number is to reinstall...uggggg!
ReplyDelete