Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

I (heart) DC

On Saturday I went sightseeing in DC!! This is something I always tell myself that I need to do more of considering I live across the bridge and work right next to the White House. However, it always seems that I never get out and "see the sights" enough. Having my friend from Charleston in town gave me the perfect opportunity to get out there and be a tourist. We started out checking out the Obama Residence with the entourage parked out front (too bad he was off pushing for open internet in China, but Malia and Sasha were probably in there up to something silly) ...

We walked toward the Lincoln Memorial through a park where there were squirrels EVERY-WHERE! We actually enjoyed and got quite a laugh out out of them. They would come so close to your ankles and they were very hard at work. I kept hearing this funny noise, and sure enough I looked up and this is what I saw...

Have you ever seen such a thing? I have never seen a squirrel hanging upside down before! How hilarious!!! I laughed so hard and couldn't stop taking pictures. I think I even took a video at one point just to capture the moment. Who knows when the next time I see that is ... (and if you frequently see squirrels hanging upside down eating nuts, do me a favor and keep it to yourself while I enjoy the moment!!) ...


This is a sight I never get sick of seeing, especially surrounded by the beautiful fall leaves. Everytime I look up and see the Washington monument, I remember why I love where I live.

From the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, onto the World War II Memorial ...


Gotta love it!! Virginia is for L<3vers!


Just a fun photo infront of the fountains of the WWII! (thanks for being the best photographer Michael)


Our stomachs soon got very, very hungry on this walk and after walking around the Washington Monument, we felt we were ready to sit down and dive in. We headed over to ESPN Zone to catch the college football games and enjoy some excellent bar food! Naps were definitely in store immediately following. I can't wait for another fun tourist day. Who's coming to visit next??

No comments:

Post a Comment