- Last week the family returned home from an awesome get away to Boston. We drove!! It was roughly 9 hours (since we avoided taking I-95) but I don't think anyone really minded. We had a great time, and great weather, considering one week later, Boston is getting hit by a ton of snow! I can't wait to get back there (plus I have added it to my "potential move spots" list. yayay!!)
- This past Saturday, I was in charge of throwing a Children's Holiday Party at my firm. This seems much simpler than it is. I had to "child proof" an entire floor of my firm, hire Santa, a photographer, clowns, face painters, caracturists, a magician, rent gaming systems (Xbox & wii's), buy pinatas, buy a craft supplies for the artsy kids, put together goody bags, organize volunteers, decorations and all of the food!!!! I am SO happy that it is over and it was a complete success! It even snowed in DC during the entire party which was beautiful to watch during our holiday party! The reindeer and santa hats are officially retired until next year .....
- This week I am in charge of organizing my offices Holiday Celebration which takes place on Thursday. I will be more than occupied dealing with vendors, caterers, working on name tags, raffle prizes, tickets, confirming the band and all of the other small details. I am keeping my fingers crossed as this is the largest event (300 people) that I have put together to date!! I didn't know Event Planning was in my job description ...
- Wednesday night, my director is in town and is taking my department out for dinner!! We are going to Restaurant Eve in Old Town, Alexandria. My mom has been raving over this restaurant for a long time and my parents finally went just a few months ago for their anniversary! I can't wait to try it!
- After the party on Thursday night, a few of us from work are heading over to POV at the W hotel. I am SO excited and this will be a great way to unwind from the craziness of the party!!!!!!!!!
- ALAS, Friday I am going up to NYC for an extended weekend. I am riding up with a girlfriend and have tons of fun things planned!! Sunday night, my kind, loving, giving, amazing, beautiful, best ever parents reserved a room for me at a great hotel near Times Square / Bryant Park area. This is so I can stay one extra night in the Big Apple, visit with a few more friends, and visit my New York Office on Monday. (I have been working with everyone in our New York Office for 2 years now and I have never met them! I am really excited!!). Plus, I definitely plan on sneaking over to the set of the Today show to get a glimpse of Matt, Al, Anne and Meredith!!! Ice skating in Central Park has also been mentioned. Stay tuned!
- The following week is filled with dinner dates with friends, a holiday performance at my church, girls night out, extended family dinner and more!
..... and then its the week of Christmas. Looks like I'm jingling too many bells and there's no room for a silent night. (ohhhhhhh).
No comments:
Post a Comment