Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Gotta Feelin ....

THAT TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT!!!

Oh, why is that you ask? Well, I am alive and ready to report on my first David Guetta experience. It was a very impromptu decision to venture out into NorthEast DC on a school night. 1. I don't go out on school nights and 2. I don't get out of a car, led alone drive with the doors unlocked, in northeast DC. But I agreed to go to a club (3. I generally don't do clubs that allow "18 + up" to enter) and watch one of the best international dj's David Guetta perform from the late hours of 9-3a.m. (4. I'm running the numbers and that means that I will not get home until 3:30 a.m. which is 2 hours shy of when my alarm clock is set to go off. Note: I had to reset my alarm for 8a.m. to ensure I got a satisfying 4 hours of sleep and head off to tackle another day at the office with my hair in a pony tail and a quickly pulled together outfit) Anyways, seeing David Guetta live has been on my sisters "Life List" and to experience it with her was something I could not turn down. We definitely had a blast, laughed at some of the outfits that these girls felt comfortable leaving the house in (Forever21 is great, but I wish someone in their purchasing department would have some concern for the poor souls that just don't know any better and feel that anything from Forever is perfect for a night out at the club. You have to search high and low for the good stuff girls, learn it now while you can!!), and danced our hearts out (maybe some more than others). We arrived when the doors opened to ensure we were dead center. What we did not realize is that David Guetta would not spin until just after midnight which meant we had 3 hours to side step to another dj that we couldn't quite pin point but we acknowledged his good looks. We mingled, if you will, with the Russians, West Africans, Ethiopians, Germans, Australians, and 22 year olds who also love Guetta. As you can tell, we fit right in. (Sister does a great job of reminding me to not be so judgemental...especially in these environments. Its a good cultural experience setting me up for future wordly travels.) The place started to fill up and people started to become a bit (a lot) pushy. We befriended the bouncers as I knew they would be my saving grace from a mosh pit and they turned out to be AWESOME (not creepy - I know those kind). They grabbed my arm and told me to follow them (which I pushed my sister to follow also) and low and behold, they took me right to the door where David Guetta would enter along with his dear friends ... the Black Eyed Peas. Yes. THE Black Eyed Peas. As in ... Fergalicious, will.i.am and company. Right infront of me. Guetta took right to his dj booth and announced his guest for the night, will.i.am who would be spinning with him for the next 1 1/2 hours. Not only was I beside myself to see Guetta LIVE (we are talking about the number one international dj in the WORLD here folks. People pay LOTS of money in other countries to see this guy and will stand in mosh pits of 20,000+ people to be a part of it) but I was seeing Guetta UPCLOSE with THE BLACK EYED PEAS! This was the best night ever. Although I quickly removed myself from the mosh pit (I'm sorry, but your black veil headband is getting in my mouth, oh, and your glow sticks shoved down your bra is a bit distracting. Excuse me sir, do you need to grind and kiss my neck just because I am standing infront of you? Yeah, I think that bouncer over there looks like my safe haven) and positioned myself just off to the side of the dj booth (aka: right next to where Fergie Ferg got her groove on with those mighty fine dance skills). We rocked out for hours. I loved every minute of it. I experienced something I have never experienced before, and I got an eyeful of crazy college behavior that I am thankful I am no longer associated with. One could say I am tired today, but I am surprisingly proud of myself for arriving to work on time, looking semi-cute, and not feeling as though my head is about to hit the desk any moment (just every other moment. I kid.) Hey. in case you forgot. I saw David Guetta and the Black Eyed Peas last night. Check.

Side note: I feel terrible for being so loyal to yelp.com. I read too many reviews and encouraged my sister to leave her camera in the car to prevent it being taken away. Come to find out, everyone had their camera and we missed some incredible photo ops. Like we reminded ourselves: mental/visual memory is the best form of memories. Sorry sisterrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment