Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Winter Storm Warning

**The Winter Storm Warning has now been upgraded to a Blizzard Storm Warning. We are now expecting upwards of 30" of snow. OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED!! I am going to buy a yardstick!
Yet again, we are expecting another snow storm. To be perfectly honest, I am thrilled! I love the snow and I love everything that it brings. I have no problem heading out in the snow or curling up on the couch with a good book or movie. In fact, I did my weekend grocery shopping last night so I am all stocked up. I arranged to have a new movie delivered last night via (my favorite) Netflix and I even picked up a good book from the library last Sunday. Can we say prepared? I also have thought of a few projects or activities that I would not mind checking off of my "to do" list including my taxes, baking, a puzzle, cleaning up my closet, and more! Don't be jealous! Now, I know that I don't have to shovel any driveways or even scrape any snow/ice off my car (since I park in a parking garage) so those two downers may contribute to my love for the snow, and I'll take it! I have a gym in my building so there's no excuse for me to not workout and I live in between 2 7-11's which I have never seen closed. Work is closing early today and the Caps game is still scheduled to take place tonight. All in all, life is good.

However, one thing that is driving me CRAZY is weather.com. Typically, weather.com is my first source for the latest forecast, however, it seems that all this week, weather.com has been very reluctant to make any bold predictions regarding this storm. I checked today, and they are forecasting the temperature to be 33 degrees all day and into the night. How can it be 33 degrees if we are expected to have 6-8" of snow by midnight?? 33 degrees equals rain my friend. This instance may have ruined my relationship with my beloved website. I may start relying on other websites for more accurate information.

On a lighter note, last night the Washington Capitals won their 12th game in a row AND their superstar / captain, Alex Ovechkin, received his 500th point. Game tonight vs. the Atlanta Thrashers, and I am pumped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment