Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Balancing Act: CONTINUING TO FAIL

I'm alive. I swear. My schedule is insanely crazy and my downtime is insanely precious these days. I returned from the beach in mid-July. It was incredible and maybe one day I will share pictures and stories. When I returned, I quickly got back into the swing of things. I don't think I had much of a choice. Here is a list of the things I have done in the past three weeks, and hopefully it force you to cut me some slack? Pretty please!
  • Continued a 5 week class at my church on Monday evenings
  • Attended a Washington Kastles (World Team Tennis) match featuring John McEnroe. Courtside table. Incredible dinner & free drinks!
  • Attended the Washingtonian Best Of party at the National Building Museum. Oh. Em. Gee.
  • Work Happy Hour!
  • Dave Matthews Band featuring the Zac Brown Band at Nationals Park!
  • Family dinner at one of our favorite restaurants
  • Dinner with a girlfriend
  • Farewell dinner and drinks for a coworker
  • Nationals game with my friend who was visiting from North Carolina
  • Drinks with friends
  • Brooks & Dunn concert
  • Firm softball game & dinner
  • Dinner with coworkers from another office

Hopefully today is the last day of my crazy schedule as I have a work event at the Reagan Building. Four executive chefs in the city will prepare a four-course meal with wine pairings (tough life, right?) and then TGIF!! On tap for the weekend is attending the Old Town Alexandria Farmers Market, family time on the boat, a friend in town, sister time, church and hopefully a lot of relaxation! I really, really hope to share some pictures of the past 4 weeks!!

I can't believe Redskins season is right around the corner! Before that happens, I have a few more summer events up my sleeve, and my fall has a few fun trips planned! 2010 has been a great year so far!! Thanks for checking in to my ever so slacking blog that I feel so bad for ignoring! I can't wait to get back into the swing of things!! For now, I am off to a business lunch at a Brazilian Steakhouse (which I think is generous but cruel to do to someone who has to return to work and knock out at least 5 more hours of work on an overly full stomach!!!!). Oh, and I fully acknowledge that my life has been filled with fun and lots of food. I am not complaining by any means, but I sure am exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment