Whoa. February 22 you say? The last time I checked the calendar, it was definitely January. What just happened? Well after Snowmaggedon (where I never kept track of what day it was because it was a "snow day"), my body decided the staycation would happen. Oh, in the form of being sick sick sick for 9 days. This would keep me home from work for the majority of a work week and two weekends (since this fun little sickness started the day before Valentines Day) Sounds like a dream, right? It was not fun. Now, I find myself in a weird place. My body hurts, not because I am sick (anymore), but because I have worked out 3 times in 17 days. I have eaten at least 15 PB&J's (hello protein?). My face is a wreck due to the lack of everything. I am pale which ... well ... I guess everyone should be pale in the winter but I can't stand to look in the mirror at my pasty skin. I have trouble falling asleep at night and this never happens. Is it a sign of aging? Please tell me no. To top it off, I just feel out of any routine (as long as you don't count taking daily afternoon naps). I am struggling! With only 6 weeks until my first 10 mile race, I need to find a way to get back into the groove. Is anyone else finding themselves in a weird spot with winter? I believe it is safe to say ... c'mon spring!
PS! Vacation to one of my favorite places has been booked. Can.not.wait. 7 weeks!!
PPS! My mom reminded me of something today in regards to my race training: You may have scheduled several races, planned your training itinerary, but you did not plan for the upper respiratory infection. Take it one day at a time. - and that I will. =) Enough complainin' already!!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment