Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

It Snowed On Main Street?

I have been to Disney World more times than I can count. (I know my visits amount to somewhere in the twenties, but I think I have lost track.) Every year, or every other year at the most, I get an itch to visit the happiest place on earth. Yes, I like theme parks, and yes, I love Disney characters, but it isn't all about that. I love the magic, perfection, music, and food! The warm weather doesn't hurt either. This go around, I knew I wanted to visit the parks, but I was not really in the mood for a full (exhausting) day running around a theme park. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was the perfect solution to relaxing, enjoying Disney and getting in the spirit of the upcoming holidays! While my dad played golf all day and enjoyed dinner with friends, my mom and I got pedicures, laid by the pool, drank just a little too much wine with dinner on the balcony and ended the night at Magic Kingdom with Mickey and friends!!

The party started once the park closed. Suddenly, the park was transformed.
My heart sunk as we began our walk down Main Street U.S.A. and this is what we saw...



Garland was hung. Christmas carols playing. Christmas lights were everywhere!


It was perfect. Disney characters were around the park making children smile.

There were no lines for any ride. After riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, my mom told me we had to ride Splash Mountain. "No lines? No brainer", she said. I fell for it. It is normally a minimal splash and I agreed it would be neat to see the castle from the top of the drop. Boy did that ride have something else in store. We not only got wet. We got soaked. Drenched. And we paid for it the rest of the night. I love you mom.
We took a pit stop in Minnie's home ...
And Mickey's home too ...








We enjoyed shows, hot chocolate, cookies, a Disney dance party, and tons of laughs on Main Street ...


We sat curb side and enjoyed the AWESOME Christmas parade which had me smiling from ear to ear for a solid 20 minutes.

The entire night it snowed on Main Street. We laughed our hearts out. We made memories we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment