Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Post 3 of 30

Even though my blogging has taken a nose dive and a re-rout these days, I would still like to work my way through an original plan, except it just can't happen in November, haha.

Where did I leave off? Oh yes. My first love. I had to think about this one for a bit. I want to make sure I give this huge ordeal in a young girls life the respect it deserves. Being the emotional and sensitive female I can tend to be, it wouldn't be right to limit "my first love" to just one thing.

I can only imagine my very first love came in the form of those whom I solely relied on early in life, my parents. My mom has always been my idol, and my dad has always been my hero. I pray for a heart as big and a loyalty as strong as mom's. I believe my dad knows everything, and he is wise enough to ask and learn about anything he does not know.

I fell in love with "school" at an early age. I always believed I would grow up to be a school teacher. I recreated a classroom in my house and pretended to be the teacher with my younger sister and her friends. My mom even picked up school desks at garage sales and she would buy me supplies at the local teachers store.

I fell in love with music years ago when Washington DC brought on a new radio station, Z104. I have so many memories of this radio station from listening to it with friends iin middle school, to spending hours drawing posters for concerts presented by the radio station, to hearing songs today which were debuted on Z104. It truly launched my love for music!!!

Now for what you may have been looking for ... my first love was felt when I noticed the middle son on the hit tv show Home Improvement. Jonathan Taylor Thomas completely stole my heart. I bought every magazine which he was in, and I hung them on my wall. I decorated my journals with his pictures. I dreamed about him, and I thought what it would be like if we ever got married.



Doesn't that face just make your heart jump out? Oh to be 13.

Since my love for JTT, I have fallen in love time and time again. My love for purple happened in high school. My first boyfriend love happened in college. But one of my favorite first loves happened when I {finally} fell in love with me. First loves have a way of meshing together to form who you are as a person. I will never deny it to be one of the best feelings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment