A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending a friend from high school's beautiful wedding at Lansdowne Resort in Lansdowne, VA. Although the resort was just 45 minutes away from where I live, I had never been. I got a hotel room for the night, and truly treated the wedding as a weekend getaway. It was just what I needed.
The ceremony took place outside overlooking the mountains of Virginia. The weekend had been filled with rain (and holy heck humidity) but just a bit before the ceremony, the rain stopped (the humidity stepped up its game) and it was go time! The bride, Kristen (gosh what a great name) asked if I would help pass out programs before the ceremony. In addition, Kristen had placed pink rose petals in little bags for each guest to sprinkle down the isle on their way to be seated. Kristen's father passed away when we were in high school, and these petals were in remembrance of him. Such a touching and sentimental thought, and I was honored to be a part of Kristen and Brian's wedding in a special way.
What a beautiful couple!!
I love this picture. Kristen and Brian are signing their marriage license with the MOH as witness. (This picture was taken through the window, hence the glare, but I think it adds to the picture!)
High school friends! Modern Eve flew in from Dallas!!
The ballroom absolutely blew me away. When the ballroom doors opened after cocktail hour, my jaw dropped. Kristen loves pink. Her wedding colors were pink, navy and a splash of tangerine. The entire room had pink uplighting which we all kept commenting that we felt as if we were at a Victoria Secret bash. It was incredible! I am a bit bummed I don't have more pictures of the decor, lighting and tablescapes, but hopefully you get the jist!
The candy bar!! So yummy!
And the picture of the night goes to ..........
We had so much fun dancing and enjoying everyone's company. It was truly a perfect wedding filled with so many memories that will be cherished forever.
Congratulations Kristen + Brian!!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment