The last weekend in October, sissy and I got up pretty early so she could run her first 6.2 mile race, the Marine Corp 10k. I had run this race two years ago and it was not my favorite, so I decided to just be her biggest fan! We had snow the day before, so the race was pegged to be a very cold one. Snow in October? Who would have thought! All bundled up, we headed downtown.
There was so much energy at the start of the race. Thoughts of guilt ran through my head a few times watching everyone ready to run, and knowing I was sending my sister off on the course alone. Fortunately, she was such a trooper and eager to finish that she didn't think about "running alone" and rather about running a good race!
And she's off!!
Despite the cold, it turned out to be a gorgeous day. After wishing sissy good luck, I jumped on the train to head to the finish line.
Unfortunately, the course was not designed to allow spectators near the finish line so I didn't get any further pictures of sissy crossing, but she did such a good job! She ran a great race and even beat my 10k race time!! I was (am) such a proud sister!
I live about 2.5 miles from the race finish line so we decided to walk home instead of jumping back on the train. The sun was shining and we were full of excitement and giggles. Lots of giggles. Cruising along, we encountered a few leftovers from the Halloween celebrations the night before. Check it out.
Oh, you know. Just a red wig hanging on a bar front door. No. Stop. Who lost their wig? I feel pretty confident a male wore that the night before. Oh help me!
Slightly teased in the back? Or was that just a rought night?
As we kept walking, we stopped dead in our tracks when we saw this...
GET OUT!! Oh you curly cue. I can't handle you lying there in the brush. What happened to you last night? Did your owner get mad at you? Or did your owner run off for pizza and you were caught in the wind? You poor thing.
We laughed so hard (and were tempted to collect our findings before returning to our senses).
Since I know my sister would kill me for posting pictures of her with a sweaty headband and no makeup, I want you to see how beautiful she is after her runs:
I am such a lucky girl to have a gorgeous sister who makes me laugh, teaches me something new every day, inspires and motivates me, and encourages me to live life to the fullest.
I am so proud of you sister!

No comments:
Post a Comment