Thank goodness for the kind lady behind the counter in the "Lost Luggage" office. I think it was just after the first tear fell down my face that she offered me a travel kit. Continental sure does pack a friendly travel kit. I neatly displayed my hygiene products in the glorious bathroom of the Four Seasons.
...And thank goodness for that bottle of hairspray. Once I "do" my hair with that quality comb there, I am sure to want to keep the style with that bottle of spray! If I could make a suggestion, Continental should exchange the cost of the hairspray out for a razor of greater quality. I am not sure I could shave both legs with that thing, but again, such a kind gesture.
In the midst of sorting out luggage details, I took it upon myself to live the life of leisure. I hesitantly ordered room service and enjoyed every last potato (I love carbs, please don't judge!).
... And once I came to terms with the fact my luggage was not arriving until later that day, I began to shrug it off. I first went down to the pool to soak up the 85 degree weather in my workout pants (which subbed as pajama pants and returned to workout pants) and running shoes. I have never stayed at a Four Seasons before, and I didn't understand the hype. That is, until I got to the pool. You wouldn't think a pool in the middle of downtown Houston would be anything to write home about, but let me assure you, it was. Complimentary sunscreen, magazines, fresh ice water, plush lounge chairs, pool boys (is it still correct to refer to them as that?) and my personal favorite, complimentary fruit kabobs and smoothies.
I really could not have asked for anything more at that moment, well, aside from my luggage! It was there I realized I had no evening plans, well, aside from waiting for my luggage. It did not take much to come up with reasons for a massage, and within minutes, a nice long massage was booked! Relaxing in the locker room, wrapped in a warm blanket, plush robe, and "spa tea", I was reminded that life was not so bad, and again, my God was watching out for me. I like to reflect back and believe that He just wanted to get my vacation started on an unexpected note.
With a good nights rest, and the next day spent in the Houston office, I left Texas with a much warmer feeling than when I arrived. I look forward to returning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment